The Agricultural Policy Support Unit (APSU) of the Bangladesh Ministry of Agriculture was jointly established by USAID and the PRSSP in 2012 to strengthen the Bangladesh Ministry of Agriculture’s in-house technical capacity. APSU does this by providing timely policy recommendations in response to short-term challenges; carrying out in-depth analyses to help produce policy options that will address medium- and long-term challenges; and monitoring and evaluating policy implementation and outcomes. APSU has supported various demand-driven research activities, including the following:
- the Ministry of Agriculture’s ANGeL pilot project
- Selection and prioritization for the Ministry of Agriculture's five-year development plan
- Integrated Agricultural Strategy for the Teesta River Basin
- Boro Rice Forecasting Study
- Assessing progress in the implementation of the National Nutrition Services
- Rice price fall study
For more information on APSU, please contact IFPRI Country Representative Dr. Akhter Ahmed.